Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rejected for Aliya, the "Marooned" Couple Leaves Israel

Rejected for Aliya by Nefesh bNefesh, the "marooned" couple, Jack and Suzan Baumann are on their way back home to Sunny Flordia.
On Monday, the Interior Ministry said it had never received an aliya request for either Jack or his second wife, Suzan. The couple say they were in contact with the Nefesh B’Nefesh aliya organization before arriving on January 7. On Sunday evening, the couple said they were notified by Nefesh B’Nefesh that their aliya application had been rejected.
Apparently, the JPost needed to follow-up on all the unanswered questions about this unfortunate couple and reported today that a Dutch financial analyst has paid the 9000 NIS debt so the Baumanns could leave Israel.
Responding to allegations that he was a con artist and had purchased heroin in the past, which appear on the anonymously authored “Exclusive Vending” Web page, Jack Baumann said, “When I started reading that it upset me so much. I just couldn’t believe what people were saying. I want people to know I’ve never touched heroin, and I am no con artist. That Web site really hurt.”

Baumann said his past “was far from being clean” and that he had made “many mistakes.” At the same time, he said, the Web site’s allegations had no relation to reality.

“I have made many mistakes,” Baumann said. “In 1999, I got into a fight with a group of people who were very rude to my first wife. I was convicted of assault, and received a probation sentence.”
In addition to the Exclusive Vending Web page, there are dozens of other websites with allegations against the Jack Baumann, including the Ripoff Report Consumer Advocacy website. All of this in addition to the 9000 NIS debt here in Israel.

I hope the Baumanns repay their Dutch benefactor quickly and that their Zionist fervor enables them to rebuild their lives, legally regain their fortunes, get accepted for Aliya by NbN and move to Israel without incurring any more debt (here or anywhere else).

There's a Red Bull on ice waiting for you here!


Going to Israel?
Now get 2 phones for the price of 1 (and free calls too) with Talk'n'Save.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

8 comments:

jonathan becker said...

oh, now you don't want them to come on aliya until they "regain their (hypothetical) fortunes".

very nice. i thought you were a zionist. i'd like to know why they were rejected for aliya, and was it by nefesh b'nefesh (do they even have such authority) or the jewish agency. perhaps we should ask the jewish agency head honcho what kind of "fortune" he came to israel with, and whether he had ever been incarcerated. hmph.

and don't give me a hard time about comparing an accused shyster with sharansky. sharansky is also one of my great heroes, i'm only trying to make a point. i hope he won't mind.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

JBecker: You crack me up :-)

Baila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baila said...

Nefesh B'Nefesh does not reject people for Aliyah. If you want to make Aliyah from North America you now apply through NBN for their services (e.g. cash stipend (I'm positive that's not what this couple was after) and other perks of coming with NBN). If NBN rejects you FROM THEIR SERVICES because of some kinda red flag, you need to contact the Jewish Agency, where you still have to go through an approval process to make Aliyah.

And here I was getting all excited. I thought Jack BAUER was running around the airport. Now that would have been something.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

And here I was getting all excited. I thought Jack BAUER was running around the airport. Now that would have been something.

Baila: That's the Purim Project I'm working on!!!

Shira said...

To clarify - NBN can't reject someone's aliyah. Even when applying to NBN, each family must make a direct Aliyah Application (meet with a shaliach, etc.)

Baila is correct that NBN is for support services, not the actual aliyah. But in theory someone could be accepted for NBN services yet rejected for actual aliyah by the govt. And if they're a leftist that would be fascist.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

And if they're a leftist that would be fascist.

Huh? Where did that come from?

Shira said...

nevermind. bad joke.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails