Sunday, February 04, 2007

Shavua Tov.

Shavua Tov - A good week to you all.

Why is this a good week? Let's count some of the reasons:

1. Tu BiShvat was this past Friday night/Shabbat, and and the almond trees are blooming all over Israel. It's also the Mrs. @ The Muqata's birthday!

2. The Rabbi WAC (without a cause) published some of his thoughts on aliya here and here. Our dapper Rabbi friend is apparently very concerned about his shoes. I don't expect my friends to notice MY new shoes, (though a bunch have noticed my new glasses and have called them everything from cool and bold to...geeky [!? me, geeky?]) So, although our RenReb friend has also posted about aliya on her blog, she doesn't preach it from the pulpit like Rabbi Wac. (Then again, she has alot more readers...)

3. More good news? Friday's night's Seder Tu BiShvat didn't really work out because, well, I was called away for urgent matters. My wife thinks I planned it to avoid entertaining 20 kids from my son's chevra, but I doubt I could have planned such an enormous event with the IDF. Luckily, everything worked out in the end...and I got to sleep by midnight. It was alot like this...but more intense.

4. Israel has apparently knocked off a top Iranian nuclear scientist. Better him than us.

5. Palestinians have broken off their internal cease-fire and are at each other again. Better they use their ammunition on each other than at us. Fatah and Hamas have built a joint operations room in Gaza in a bid to better coordinate their own scorecard. (If you can't keep score, how will we know who's winning? Oh right, the more they kill each other, the more WE win) The best part? Tawfik Tirawi, head of the PA intelligence service in the West Bank, threw his shoe at senior Fatah official Jibril Rajoub during a Fatah Council meeting Saturday. See Rabbi WAC? Shoes are everyone's concern these days!

6. How could I forget, Shabbat was also the Holy Hyrax's birthday! Happy Birthday Holy Hyrax!

7. Bad News. Arabs and leftists uprooted a Jewish orchard and went on to plant olive trees outside a Jewish community on the Jewish "New Year of Trees.” One left-wing activist hit a security guard with his car. So much for a peaceful Tu BiShvat. (hat-tip, Joe)

8. Found this blog, and like it alot. Sort of like Seinfeld on the Upper West Side. (I'll tolerate them for now, but I'll have to start encouraging their aliya, soon)

9. That's all for now. Hopefully blogger will be better this week....




Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. @ the Muqata!!!

Jack Steiner said...

A waffle breakfast for Mama Muqata.

Sarah Likes Green said...

happy birthday mrs jameel :)

Anonymous said...

Yom Holedet Sameach

u can be mashlim the fruit eating through all the week after tu bushvat

The back of the hill said...

Did you know that Margavriel is in Jerusalem?

Might be something aliyaish, not quite sure.

And please don't encourage every one to make Aliya - we need some of the more feisty ones to stay here (seeing as damn well the only people who show up to counterdemo the pro-Filistinites are either Yidden or something like that.

JT said...

Thanks Jameel! But what's the deal with Galut, it's almost like ovaltine. I mean, shouldnt we be over that already. :)

Happy B-day Mrs. @

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

BOTH: No, I didn't know that MG was here! How curious...
(And I won't convince you to make aliya either ;-)

JT: I wish Jews were "over it already"...apparently, thats not yet the case.

Thanks to everyone else for the BDay wishes for the Mrs...

DTC said...

Happy B-Day to the Mrs @!!!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails