Monday, July 03, 2006

That time of year.

I was getting all excited that my first Blogaversary is coming up this July 5th -- I think I've been posting interesting, compelling content...visitors keep dropping by, and I'm having fun with my blog.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks after I received an email this morning from Anita Tucker. See, I started blogging just before the Disengagement...and that means, it's almost a year to the Disengagement. I've seen this video going around the jblogosphere a bit, but since Anita Tucker sent it to me, and I know her...I'm posting it here as well.

Anita lived in Gush Katif...in Netzer Chazani for 29 years, and her life has been turned upside down since the Disengagement.

She asked that I post this...and that you watch it. It's the least I can do...



More about this movie can be found here.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

8 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

That was worth seeing.

the sabra said...

just made me sadder. and madder.

westbankmama said...

Good of you to post this Jameel. And happy blogiversary - even if last summer brings back bitter memories. Were you at Kfar Meimon?

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

WBM: Thanks. No, my wife and I were in the delivery room during Kfar Maimon...we watched it on TV though.

The following week though, I was in Chomesh with the other kids.

The Sabra: Don't get madder...just help speak out to prevent another disengagement from taking place.

Jack: Thanks. I'll be blogging more about this over the next few days.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Rebecca: As much as I'm saddened, and angered by the disengagement, there's really no reason at all to resort to name calling of the arabs who live there.

See the link on the website underneath the movie - all the info is there.

Sarah Likes Green said...

sad movie. sad situation.

but happy blogiversary... keep it up!

Pragmatician said...

Happy Blogaversary, you've build an amazing blog and community around it!
Well done!

kasamba said...

You are the ultimate Jblogger as your blog serves to remind us where our priorities should be. Happy Blogerversary!!!

That video made me feel so ill- the contrast of what was once a vibrant jewish community and now....

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails